1. Clinical Investigator on Global Total Shoulder Development
Charles A. Rockwood, M.D., chairman, DePuy, Inc. 1990-present.
2. Biomechanical Efficiency of Trivector Arthrotomy for TKA:
Alabama Arthritis Joint Implant Orthopaedic Surgery Clinic, P.C.,
HealthSouth Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, 1992- present.
3. Design and Prototype Development of Posterior Stabilized Total
Knee System Modular, F.A.B. System, Kirschner Medical, Inc.
4. Design and Development of Universal Articulated Cutter for the
tibia for Total Knee Arthroplasty. Disclosed February 1992,
Kirschner / Manufactured August, 1992, Kirschner.
5. Orthopaedic Patient Activity Competence Evaluation: ORTHOP.A.C.E.
System development for Medical Management, Walk, Inc., Alabama
Arthritis, Joint Implant Orthopaedic surgery Clinic, P.C.
Birmingham, Alabama, 1988-present.
6. Surgeon Advisory Panel for Kirschner Total Knee Design, Timonium,
7. Board of Medical Advisors for Orthomet, Minneapolis, Minnesota,
8. Developed Vi-Vac Cement Processor in conjunction with Mr. B.
Bakels of the Polygroup,
West Palm Beach, Florida, 1987. Disclosed February 1987, Zimmer,
Inc.; Disclosed August,
9. Participating in Biomaterial Research Society Special Session,
Current State and Reaction
of Polymethyl Methacrylate Bone Cement: Improvement and Clinical
Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, February, 1986.
10. Investigation of vacuum mixed versus centrifuged polymethyl
methacrylate bone cement in
an in vivo model consisting of an intramedullary prosthesis, and
clinical simulation of various cemented implants. 1984- 1986,
Johnson and Johnson, developed Johnson and Johnson centrifuge
11. Foot and Ankle Brace/Patented 2/11/97, Kenneth W. Bramlett, M.D.
and Rodderick Vasquez,
12. An analysis of Blood Management in Patients Undergoing Total Hip
and Knee Surgery (the O.R.T.H.O. initiative).
13. Co-Investigator of Zimmer MIS two incision hip arthroplasty and
Uni-Condylar total knee arthroplasty. 2001 – Present.
14. Participant of the Research and development of Zimmer MIS
instrumentation; 1998 – 2005.