1. Founder of the Zimmer MIS Institute at Orthopaedic Sports
Medicine Clinic of Alabama. Birmingham, AL.
2. An investigator of patient outcomes and results to establish
critical pathways through
OrthoP.A.C.E protocols; prehabilitation and rehabilitation of
3. Instrumental in measuring the impact MIS procedures has on hip,
knee and shoulder surgical procedures.
4. Evaluates the cost effectiveness of the prehabilitation
OrthoP.A.C.E. Protocol through patient outcomes.
1. Johnson and Johnson Orthopaedic Division, August, 1984.
Provided support for the
development and investigation of an autoclavable, externally-powered
centrifuge for rapid
processing of polymethyl methacrylate based bone cement. Project
exhibited at the America Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Las Vegas,
2. Johnson and Johnson Orthopaedic Division beginning March, 1986.
Provided support for the development and investigation of fatigue
testing of conventional, centrifuged, and vacuum mixed PMMA in
conjunction with the University of Alabama Biomaterial Research
3. Clinical Investigator for Johnson and Johnson Orthopaedic
Division of vacuum / vibration PMMA processing techniques using
patent pending prototype.
4. Kirschner Clinical Education Director. Design and Development of
Posterior Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty System, August 1992 –
5. Kirschner Clinical Education Director. Design and Development of
Series II Total Knee Arthroplasty Instruments, May 1992 – 2000.
6. Joint Medical Products Clinical Education Director, May